ProgrammingThe Wemos D1 mini needs to be programmed for the device to function as an infrared transmitter and receiver. This can be done using the esptool program.
- Download the appropriate esptool binary for the platform that is going to be used to flash the Wemos D1 mini, and unpack the archive.
- Download the espirp firmware and unzip it in the same directory as the esptool.
- Connect the Wemos D1 mini to the computer using a microUSB cable.
- Open a terminal and navigate to the directory where the files from step 1 and 2 have been unpacked.
- Run the following command (adjust the -cp option if your Wemos D1 mini
appears as a different serial device):
./esptool -cp /dev/ttyUSB0 -cd nodemcu -cb 921600 -cf espirp-fw.bin -ca 0x300000 -cf espirp-fs.bin
esptool -cp COM5 -cd nodemcu -cb 921600 -cf espirp-fw.bin -ca 0x300000 -cf espirp-fs.bin
Initial setupA newly programmed device will not have any credentials for a WiFi network to connect to. In this situation, or when it is powered up and doesn't find the configured WiFi network, it starts a WiFi access point. The SSID for this network will be 'IR transceiver ######', where ###### is a 6 digit hexadecimal number. Use a mobile phone, tablet, or laptop to connect to this WiFi network.
The device provides a captive portal, which will normally automatically direct you to the configuration page. If that doesn't happen, point your browser to http://192.168.4.1/ to go to the configuration screen.